A high-performance locator that’s lighter on the wallet and lighter to carry, but not lightweight in the field.
Rex LITE Standard Features
- Ultralight Design: Receiver + Transmitter = Under 7 lbs
- Compact & Portable: Receiver retracts for easy carrying
- Dual-Frequency Versatility: 512 Hz + (33 kHz or 82 kHz), plus 50/60 Hz passive and 512 Hz sonde detection
- Available in two models, Rex LITE comes with 82 kHz (commonly used for pipes) or 33 kHz (commonly used for tracing cables), plus 512 Hz
- A 1 Watt Transmitter is Powered by 10 AA Batteries
- Schonstedt’s 3-year warranty
Since its launch in 2017, Schonstedt’s “Rex” pipe & cable locator has been enthusiastically embraced by the market. With a powerful, ultra-portable transmitter (5 watts and 100 volts, at just 3.5 lbs.), Rex got high marks for overcoming poor grounding, overcoming high impedance, and putting a strong signal on the target line.
For some locating jobs, all the power and multi-frequency capability of a Rex locator may not be called for. Therefore, Schonstedt is now offering “new version” of Rex, with one less frequency, a 1 watt transmitter, and a lower price tag (even vs. the XTpc). Naturally, we named it “Rex LITE“.